Omicron Covid Variant Live Updates: Union Health Ministry on Thursday said that two instances of Omicron variation have been found in the country. As per Joint Secretary of the Union Home Ministry Lav Agarwal, the two cases have been recognized in Karnataka.
No extreme indications of the Omicron variation of Covid-19 detailed up until now,” Agarwal said during a media preparation. “All Omicron related cases are found to have gentle indications up until this point… In all such cases in the nation and across the world up until now, no serious side effect has been noted. WHO has said that its arising proof is being considered,” he added.
The conceivably more infectious Omicron variation was first answered to the WHO from South Africa on November 24, and has been assigned as a “Variation of Concern”.
Meanwhile, Zydus Cadila’s Covid-19 antibody ZyCoV-D will at first be utilized in seven states — Bihar, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal — which have been prescribed to distinguish the areas with countless of recipients who have not gotten a solitary portion of a Covid immunization for its introduction.
What we know so far
Union Health Ministry on Thursday said that two instances of Omicron variation have been found in the country. This is what we know up until now:
- Both instances of Omicron Covid variation have been found in Karnataka.
- While one case is of a male matured 46, the other is of a male matured 66.
- No extreme manifestations have been accounted for in both patients
- Govt says generally essential and optional contacts of the two patients were followed and were being tested.
- The Health Ministry has asked individuals not to freeze and follow Covid-proper conduct. Need not to freeze about Omicron location: Govt
“We need not alarm about Omicron discovery yet mindfulness is significant. Follow Covid-suitable conduct and stay away from social events,” a Health Ministry official said during the media preparation on Thursday. “It is too soon to evaluate whether Omicron causes more serious disease or less contrasted with variations, including Delta,” the authority told the question and answer session citing the World Health Organization which has assigned the new variation as a ‘variation of concern’.